A revolutionary approach to exhaust braking, Banks’ patented* new SpeedBrake does what no brake has done before. The world’s first all-electronic braking system, SpeedBrake achieves maximum braking power by intelligently modulating systems already found on the truck.
- SpeedBrake manipulates the variable geometry turbine vanes in concert with deliberate gear selection and torque converter clutch application to deliver not just total hill-taming stopping power but also peace of mind.
- Hands (and feet) free, and totally automatic, SpeedBrake lets you set your desired downhill speed and it does all the rest. *U.S. PATENT NUMBERS: 6,652,414 B1 & 6,152,853. PLEASE NOTE: The Banks SpeedBrake must be used with a Banks iQ (included). If you do not want to use the Bank iQ then check out our Banks Brake #55449.
- FEATURES & BENEFITS: More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly.
- Operating modes ON (Maximum braking: High, Mid, and Low strength settings), SPEED CONTROL (Maintains pre-selected target speed.
- Easy touch-screen control).
- Displays vehicle speed, current braking effort (relating to vane position), trans temp, engine coolant temp and much more.
- OBDII scan tool capability (reads/interprets/clears codes).
- System Status Indicator with on-screen alerts (excessive coolant or trans temps, for example).
- Easy, clean install (all-electronic design requires only a few simple underhood connections), no modifications to the exhaust system are needed.
- In testing, dramatically outperformed all competitive products in basic braking function (and nobody but Banks has anything like a Speed Control Mode!)
- 2007-2010 GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel, LMM, with Banks iQ
- World’s First All-Electronic Braking System
- Plug-n-play install
- No cutting or welding
- More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly
- Cuts downhill speed up to 78%
- All automatic user-selectable speed
- Includes Banks iQ touch-screen control
- Emissions compliant: CARB EO D-161-91