* This product may take an additional 1-2 days to ship out.
A revolutionary approach to exhaust braking, Banks’ patented* new SpeedBrake does what no brake has done before. The world’s first all-electronic braking system, SpeedBrake achieves maximum braking power by intelligently modulating systems already found on the truck.
The SpeedBrake manipulates the variable geometry turbine vanes in concert with deliberate gear selection and torque converter clutch application to deliver not just total hill-taming stopping power but also peace of mind.
- Hands (and feet) free, and totally automatic, SpeedBrake lets you set your desired downhill speed and it does all the rest. *U.S. PATENT NUMBERS: 6,652,414 B1 & 6,152,853. PLEASE NOTE: The Banks SpeedBrake must be used with a Banks iQ (NOT included). If you do not want to use the Bank iQ then check out our Banks Brake #55447.
- BENEFITS: More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly. Operating modes ON (Maximum braking: High, Mid, and Low strength settings), SPEED CONTROL (Maintains pre-selected target speed.
- Easy touch-screen control). Displays vehicle speed, current braking effort (relating to vane position), trans temp, engine coolant temp, and much more.
- OBDII scan tool capability (reads/interprets/clears codes). System Status Indicator with on-screen alerts (excessive coolant or trans temps, for example).
- Easy, clean install (all-electronic design requires only a few simple underhood connections), no modifications to the exhaust system are needed.
- In testing, dramatically outperformed all competitive products in basic braking function (and nobody but Banks has anything like a Speed Control Mode!)
- 2004-2005 Chevrolet, GMC 6.6L Duramax Diesel LLY, Use with Banks iQ
- World’s First All-Electronic Braking System
- Plug-n-play install
- No cutting or welding
- More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly
- Cuts downhill speed up to 78%
- All automatic User-Selectable speed
- Requires Banks iQ (NOT included)
- To use w/o Banks iQ, see Banks Brake #55447
- Emissions compliant: CARB EO D-161-91